Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phyrefli's Video Digest #61 - Where Are The Servers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VipSOKSTnZw

thats right on point.

Your scrower the internet you see the badmin argument all over, but thats not what its about.
    Its about being able to control the server, from map rotation to game type changes on the fly.

Things that are key to keeping use unique...

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
    ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

You see, Badmins have a point. It's their server and if they don't want you to play there then you don't get to play there. Just because you bought a copy of the game doesn't mean you are entitled to anything. Even if they are bad admins they still paid for the server themselves. You don't invest anything in it.

I like Badmins. I target them.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
        You see, Badmins have a point. It's their server and if they don't want you to play there then you don't get to play there. Just because you bought a copy of the game doesn't mean you are entitled to anything. Even if they are bad admins they still paid for the server themselves. You don't invest anything in it.

I like Badmins. I target them.
        Fair comment...

Comment

I think the video producer ignored an obvious fact: EA doesn't regard our concerns as being important or relevant. Hence, they see no benefit to communicating on the topic.

- Why doesn't EA encourage the PC player community? Corporations are intensely fearful of any organized group (internal or external). Whenever they can preemptively destroy them, it's a plus.
          - Do player communities deliver higher profits to EA? No. Consequently, there is no incentive.
          - Were badmins ever a serious problem for PC players? No. Random, brainless quick-join players got frustrated once in a while, but people with favorite servers were consistently satisfied.

Lastly, I doubt EA intends to profit by renting servers, but they might make them prohibitively expensive. For EA, server hosting is an accepted, minimal cost (since they won't actively administer their servers). With most game servers under EA's direct control, they can require players to buy all the maps. And, when BF1 is ready to be replaced by the "all new BF-Z" next year, they can kill the BF1 servers.

None of this is a surprise. Today's situation is a predictably straight line from BF3 through BF4 to BF1.

Comment

Excellent points Qicmee..

Comment

Or this could all be down to lazy coders/quick out the door managers if they do keep their stuff behind a wall.

I mean what better way to hide incomplete code than to keep it locked up so that no one can accidently activate it!

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
              ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                by Apache Warrior
                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
              • Reply to 6 years
                by Sirex
                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                by Sirex
                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                by Sirex
                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                by Sirex
                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
              Working...
              X