I remember every post!!

https://web.archive.org/web/20010206...om:80/news.htm

Bit before my time but some good times were had on the old site/forums
    UT2004, FOREVER!!!!

Comment

Anyone remember sleazyboards?
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Yup!!

Comment

That was before my time as well but it sure does make me think ho much time as passed.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Ah man, does that ever bring me back. I had just bought UT and of course playing the heck out of Coret and Faces. Browsing, I see a full server, jump in and that was it. I was a CLR !! Later in that month I bought a second copy of the game and gave it to a friend/co-worker of mine for x-mas 1999 or 2000 (getting old). Soon, Viking1 and myself (ChefBoyRD at the time) would be CLR to the core. Cain made us both admins, made friends from all over the world and had a total blast. We had played Quake before for a bit but when UT came out, Quake (sadly) lost out, for me anyway. Thx for the good times (and frags) over the years, Cain. Best gaming experiences were had here.

17 years later...
            Some people drink deeply from the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.

Comment

That's some old school stuff right there.

-Rand
              [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
              Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Ah man, does that ever bring me back. I had just bought UT and of course playing the heck out of Coret and Faces. Browsing, I see a full server, jump in and that was it. I was a CLR !! Later in that month I bought a second copy of the game and gave it to a friend/co-worker of mine for x-mas 1999 or 2000 (getting old). Soon, Viking1 and myself (ChefBoyRD at the time) would be CLR to the core. Cain made us both admins, made friends from all over the world and had a total blast. We had played Quake before for a bit but when UT came out, Quake (sadly) lost out, for me anyway. Thx for the good times (and frags) over the years, Cain. Best gaming experiences were had here.

17 years later...
                Thank you for the kind words. Lots of GREAT memories playing with you folks, and I've made many life-long friends.

Comment

Wow, before my time. I didn't show up til 2142.

Comment

Ahh, the 'good old days' of gaming when we all had a lot more free time, and a lot less responsibilities. I spend more time playing Plants Vs Zombies 2 on my tablet now than I do playing on the gaming rig. Sad but true. I'm trying to put some more time into the PC tho, as I have played Skyrim, TF2 and even Enemy Territory (!!!) in the past month.
                    Wow, ET was the first game I played on a dual core CPU and with that move to a dual core, the game was effectively ruined for me, as there was a terrible hitch in it (now determined to be an issue with CPU affinity on that second core), but ... damn ... we really had some fun gaming as a group back then.
                    Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
                    Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                      by Apache Warrior
                      6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                    • Reply to 6 years
                      by Sirex
                      I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                      Just hit 2.5K miles...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                    • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                      by Sirex
                      Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                    • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                      by Sirex
                      Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                      by Sirex
                      Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                      5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                    • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                      by Apache Warrior
                      I am glad you are recovering and will soon be back in good health.
                      Apache...
                      18 Feb 2024, 05:36 AM
                    Working...
                    X