• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Battlefront is 25% off at GMG

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/e...s-battlefront/

little... fyi...

not even out yet and already on sale.

Comment

lol shows how much it's worth. I'm surprised anyone trusts a dice product before its released and thoroughly tested first.

Comment

Never trust a DICE product.

But...sales before release are now exceedingly common. I used a 20% off coupon code for Fallout 4 from GMG just 3 days ago. Just Cause 3 has been 10% off for pre-order from Steam since the beginning.

-Rand
        [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
        Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

20% off fallout 4. I'll take that.

I'm considering about getting battlefront right now at that discount. I liked the beta. Fast pace game and I need a mp game to keep me entertain for the holiday.

Anyone else getting the game?

Cain running a server?
          Last edited by AmazingRedd; 5 Nov 2015, 06:19 PM. Reason: Added questions
          Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingRedd View Post
            ...Fast pace game and I need a mp game to keep me entertain for the holiday.

Cain running a server?
            I'll be waiting for a lower price and unannounced bug fixes. However, if this game loses popularity quickly after the movie stops screening, then I'll skip it. tbd

I think Cain will ignore this game:
            - EA has taken steps that aggressively discourage hosting a server for their games.
            - The max. limit on multiplayer is 40 (middling). BF4 was 64.
            - During the Beta, it was impossible to join, play, or communicate as a 5-person squad. The game seems aimed squarely at individuals or 2-player squads.

These details don't make the game less fun, the different game modes might be great! However, it makes it less relevant for a group who likes to play together.

Comment

Interactive preview (bandwidth intensive)
              http://starwars.ea.com/starwars/battlefront/planets

Comment

20% off fallout 4. I'll take that.

I'm considering about getting battlefront right now at that discount. I liked the beta. Fast pace game and I need a mp game to keep me entertain for the holiday.

Cain running a server?
                I am not getting it. Beta was ok.. just no actual communication.

No talk of getting the server.

Comment

@quimee you right, this is not a squad base game and its a shame. but we have played other games in the past that didn't have squads until battlefield came along. like cod 4 and dod/tf2/cs. we all still had fun playing on the same team or opposite. The no server support is a bummer though and i didn't mind the 40player limit as the maps weren't that big. I also read somewhere that there might not be any voip in-game. (which only bar would of been ok with..) But lets see what happens...

I did get fallout 4 tho!!
                  Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Yea totally waiting for Fallout. Did anyone else try the Project Knoxville game?

Comment

I did get fallout 4 tho!!

This is going to be the other problem with Battlefront: it's going against one of the more eagerly awaited titles in some time.

-Rand
                      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Rand{CLR} View Post

This is going to be the other problem with Battlefront: it's going against one of the more eagerly awaited titles in some time.

-Rand
                        Yup. Everybody who liked the Fallout series is apt to delay buying/playing Battlefront. On the other hand, these games aren't direct competitors (avoids gamer fatigue problem), and the new Star Wars movie is still a month away with co-marketing building momentum. In time, I expect sales volumes to be comparable (maybe 6-10 million units).

Comment

I will not get it.
                          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                            by Apache Warrior
                            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                          • Reply to 6 years
                            by Sirex
                            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                            Just hit 2.5K miles...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                            by Sirex
                            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                            by Sirex
                            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                            by Sirex
                            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                          Working...
                          X