Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying a new game: BATTALION 1944

Trying a new game.

Jeffro mentioned it to me first, so I checked it out today.

Looks like it is a little DoD'ish, we old timers LOVE Day of Defeat!! Apache, this looks like it might be our type of game.

Battalion 1944 is a competitive FPS game that captures the core of classic multiplayer shooters and revives ‘old school’ FPS games for the next generation of gamers. Inspired by games like Call of Duty 2, Enemy Territory, and Quake; Battalion focuses on skill based movement in a unique competitive game mode.

I'm downloading it now.

I CAN run a private server for this game, so stay tuned, let me see if it's fun.

I'll update with a reply to this post.

Update: It's still pretty raw, not ready for Primetime yet folks, hold off getting it for now.

-- Cain

I will check it out. To busy to do so right now though.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

It's fair Apache, maybe wait a little longer.

Looks like TDM is the most popular mode now. I want a mode like DoD where you capture areas then spawn there. not sure if this game has that tho.

TBH, it's a little raw at present. Most folks are playing TDM, which gets old really fast. I wish they would make it like DoD:S where you capture areas then spawn there.

Comment

Looks like lots of folks still playing CS:GO. A Whole lot.

Comment

Hi Cain I have sunk about 25 hours into Battalion 1944 and have a few opinions. My understanding of the game at least from the stuff the developers have been saying about it and my time playing it is that it is trying to emulate and bring back the bare bones old school game play we used to all love. They essentially tried to take COD2 and mash it up with COD4 Promod with a twist of CS in their card system so it is kind of like the currency you acquire in csgo. If servers are cheap I would love to jump in and support the server but the player base is small and it is in beta atm. I know the developers are simply trying to make an e-sport like game for the more hardcore gamers so it is a niche game imo. I doubt for at least a long while that they will add many other game modes that are not currently available. The games heart and soul is its S&D game mode (bomb defusal) so all the maps and focus are going to be in that department. It does have one of the most open lines between developers and its community that I have ever seen both on twitter, FB and the steam discussion forums so I have high hopes for its future even if it stays relatively small.

Best,

Recon

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X