No announcement yet.

Star wars battlefront alpha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well you have Thursday. You can pre-load it now.

Comment

Pre-load is done.

Comment

I assume screen shots are banned from live play?

Comment

Is it fun???

Comment

"The Star Wars™ Battlefront™ Closed Alpha is now available for pre-loading via Origin on PC. To begin pre-loading please launch Origin on PC. If you need to download Origin you can do so here: https://www.origin.com/en-us/download

Once you've finished downloading the Star Wars Battlefront Closed Alpha, you will be able to start playing on Thursday, July 2 at 10am CET. The Star Wars Battlefront Closed Alpha ends on Monday, July 6 at 10am CET.

If you choose to participate in the Star Wars Battlefront Closed Alpha you must accept and abide by the conditions of the Star Wars Battlefront Closed Alpha Test Agreement. Please note that livestreaming of the closed alpha as well as posting videos and screenshots online is strictly prohibited. Please make sure you carefully read and understand the items outlines in the Closed Alpha Test Agreement. Violation of the Closed Alpha Test Agreement will result in you being removed from the Closed Alpha and may result in a ban on your Origin Account.

Please make sure you carefully read and understand the items outlined in the Alpha Program Agreement, which will also be available for you to read and accept during the installation process of the closed alpha software.

Thank you,

DICE "

Comment

I got an email earlier saying it was live then an opps it will be live tomorrow.

Cain I will be playing in the morning and will relate to you what I am allowed to.

Jonny yup. I doubt it will be that pretty. I am more looking at the game play aspects and how the overall design is set up to play. Frankly the video that ea put out of gameplay on hoth looked so boring... I don't like all white ice fields that much. I want to see if it will be worth me buying, really on the fence.

Comment

bar I noticed in the last email there is a link to the alpha forums. not sure if you noticed it.

Comment

I'm in there but I see nothing for BF

Comment

How cool would Titan Mode be with star destroyers?

Comment

I'm just now finally able to sit down with it....

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                        I got an email earlier saying it was live then an opps it will be live tomorrow.
                        This sounds quite like that "Free beer tomorrow" taunt that some bars use!
                        --Slaughter

Comment

I don't know if you played the MOH/Dice reboot of MOH:Warfighter/Afghanistan from back in like 2010 or w/e. But to me, this game feels and plays a lot like it. I didn't find a lot of bugs until the aircraft came in. Makes me feel like I'm playing a reskin and the menus and stuff operate very similar to MOH as well. Its an okay game, but unless they pull a magic bunny out of Obama's ass... I don't feel that this game is gonna be worth $30, lets alone $59.99/69.99.

Comment

That's not the first place I look when I need a magic bunny.
                            But, I'd already decided not to pre-order any more EA titles.

Comment

I think it is fun. How many hours fun I am not sure of. Of course this is alpha so I don't expect that much, frankly it is a lot smoother then I thought it would be. I have almost no gitters that anyone else is getting with the turrets.
                              The flying sucks, I am also a bad pilot. For some reason I can't get out of 3rd person view.

I played battlefront on the Xbox 360 and it has the same type of feel for the hoth attack, though it is radically better.

Porkchop and myself played in the co-op. A little hard to get it started but it worked very very smooth and was kinda fun.

No Voip as of yet and they need to work on the chat screen right now.

I would compare it most to CS:Go style with spawning and a 3X longer objective. They have some type of money at the end, not sure what it will be for.

Comment

The videos show Vader showing up on the battlefield. I assumed this would be just a ploy for the vid or along the lines of being able to call in airstrikes in COD and would be something you earn. Did you see anything like that?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X