1366 board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1366 board

Hey guys. I've been looking at a different motherboard for my old machine but all I see for the 1366 sockets is the older X58 chipset. I cant see any better chipsets for that particular socket. Did they stop with that socket and chipset architecture. I cant find anything upgraded to the Z77 or 79 chipsets for those.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

The 1366 socket never went any further than the X58 chipset unfortunately, a new motherboard will require a new CPU and probably new RAM as the newer platforms are Dual or Quad channel depending on the platform.
    UT2004, FOREVER!!!!

Comment

Would be better to find someone selling off an 1155/2500k combo at this point, as guys upgrade to either a Haswell or later in the year to a Skylake platform. Expect to pay around $200 tops for that combo, and a quick search of a FS/FT forum I frequent finds this deal for $240, which includes RAM and HSF as well:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?...ht=2500k+combo

Note that the most popular 1155 boards were the P67 and Z68 boards. The Z68 is preferred but it wouldn't kill a goo deal if I found a P67 for the right price. That Sandy Bridge 2500k is still an amazing performer, even moreso once you overclock it, and many guys are having a hard time justifying stepping up to the Haswell platform for only 15-20% performance increase.
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
        by Apache Warrior
        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
      • Reply to 6 years
        by Sirex
        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
        Just hit 2.5K miles...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
        by Sirex
        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
        by Sirex
        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
        by Sirex
        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
      Working...
      X