An Early Happy Thanksgiving!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Early Happy Thanksgiving!

Since people will be travelling and often otherwise very busy I wanted to go ahead and wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving. This year I am on my own until Thursday evening when friends will drop by for much needed wine consumption. But I am still cooking up my own feast, which I enjoy doing. I have a 11 pound turkey along with a 4 pound half pork loin roast that I need to use and will herb crust and plug with garlic. The turkey is mostly so I can have fresh turkey sandwiches and use the carcass and meat for soup and whatever else I may come up with.

I've already made cranberry sauce (with orange, cinnamon and a splash of Grand Marnier) and will prep the dressing tomorrow to pop in while the turkey rests and the pork loin cooks. My other side will be pan sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Balsamic.

So have a great Turkey Day everyone!
    --Slaughter

I am spatchcocking a Turkey and will be cooking it over Roasted Chestnuts and Pistachios Stuffing. I am also baking three Pumpkin Pies, one Chocolate Meringue Pie and a Sweet Potato Pie. The Turkey Drippings will flavor the stuffing. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Have a great Thanksgiving guys!

Comment

Many food
        Such happy
        Wow

Comment

I have to work on Thursday, Ill probably do a trip to Manchester or San Juan, so we are celebrating Tomorrow. I have 15 peopple coming and will be cooking a 26.9 Lb turkey. I doing recipes from Gordon Ramsays Christmas show part one. So far I have made the cranberry sauce, the sausage stuffing and numerous prep items. Im also doing a traditional stuffing, mashed potatoes and green beans to keep the kids happy. I hope everyone has a great time.
          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

I wish everyone a Very Happy and fulfilling Thanksgiving.

Comment

Hope everyone has a happy thanksgiving.. We will need pictures of at least the food.. of people <Shrug>

I will be cooking a 20 # turkey for myself tomorrow with 2 stuffings(one sourdough with apples and cranberries, one cornbread and sausage). Like slaughter I like me leftovers. I would suggest a turkey pot pie with an scraps.

Then at my dads we will be doing a total of 46#'s of turkey, 3 stuffings, beets, broccoli, shredded sautéed brussel sprouts, mashed sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, mashed turnips and carrots, fresh and canned cranberry sauce, butternut squash dish, and corn bread.

my sister is bringing a new tradition from her house. They eat dessert for lunch before dinner. This way you can enjoy the dessert without being full

Comment

I just served 13 people, it was one of the best meals I have prepared to date. I was too busy to get any pictures so ill see what my wife took and see if I can post a few. This was the closest thing to a holiday I will have this year so I'm glad it turned out well. Tomorrow its back to work with a 1930 departure the Manchester UK. I hope you all have a great day.
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Glad you had a great day and meal with your family and friends Duke. Thirteen is a nice group to be with and feed. Safe travels to you!
                  --Slaughter

Comment

Turkey Day photos. Spatchcock turkey, dressing and roasted pork loin, pan roasted brussels sprouts with bacon and balsamic and a plating.

TD01.jpgTD02.jpgTD03.jpgTD04.jpg
                    --Slaughter

Comment

Great looking food Slaughter. I hope you had a good Thanksgiving.
                      I did not have time to take any pics of mine. I finished up just in time to haul the food to my mother's. I also spatchcocked a Turkey. Everyone said it was the juiciest and best tasting bird they had ever eaten. The pies were a hit too.
                      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                        by Apache Warrior
                        6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                      • Reply to 6 years
                        by Sirex
                        I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                        Just hit 2.5K miles...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                      • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                        by Sirex
                        Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                      • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                        by Sirex
                        Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                      • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                        by Sirex
                        Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                        5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                      Working...
                      X