FX to Intel I5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FX to Intel I5

Whats up CLR! Dont start war btw amd and intel, i just want to know if someone have made this switch too! I currently own a FX8350 (stock) with a gtx 770 2gb. I think im gonna bought a I5 4690k. I dont do any rendering or 3d thing... i just game with my computer. My FX run well but i have MANY fps drop on many games and i know intel have better "single core" perf so... Someone have do this before?!

If you have a 770, switch to the Intel chip. The only case where performance increases when using an AMD cpu is with a AMD graphics card via the Mantle API. Also, if you plan on changing chip, likely need a good mobo. Consider both choices as there are plenty of reviews out there. Look for compatibility of your current memory(DDR3 presumably) vs choice mobo to go with your i5-4690k. Also, if you plan to overclock, look to either closed loop water cooling solutions and also a good board to do it on. I'm sure there's plenty of OC'ers that have done so using the i5-4690k.

Si ta des questions n'hesite pas amigo.

Also, make sure to disable core parking once switching over to an Intel chip.

Comment

Already 2 x 7950 in this build... i sell Both and bought a 770... run better but minimum fps are shit VS intel cpu ... its why i check to back on Intel! If i bought a 4690k wigz ill get the Z97 mobo or the sabertooth, already have the sabertooth 990fx R2.0 for my AMD!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
      Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
      widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X