Server is now "RANKED"..... Sunday 7/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
    After playing a few games I definitely think it's better. It's actually playable... and hadn't even gotten spawn raped once today.
    Thx for the positive feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
      The scrambler seems to run even when the team scores are close. Is it random, or maybe just shuffling players from best to worst (like choosing teams in the olden days)?
      Yes, it scrambles teams after every map, not just when the scores are lopsided. It runs the !scramble command which simply scrambles the teams. It seems to doa pretty good job of evening out the teams when one team is ridiculously lopsided. We lost one map yesterday 850-0 and came back and won the next map.

Comment

OK being a frequent visitor on your Battlefield 4 Game Server for the past month or so, I want to make this observation. I have played on this server almost every night since I purchased BF4 and I was thinking this was the Best BF4 server to play on for my enjoyment of playing the game. I joined your forums awhile ago and was truly enjoying the experience while I was playing on your server. I have seen comments made on this thread saying the experience has gotten somewhat better when you consider the "scrambling" effect which was activated when you guys when to just "Ranked" over being an "Official BF4 Server". As I have witnessed, to me this move has driven many BF4 players away from this once grand server. When I was playing here on your server just tonight, that is what I have saw happening. I joined your server at 10:45pm CST tonight and it only had 40 players on it? It has gone from being the most active, where I had in the past had to wait for a slot to open up, to where there is many slots available. And the map I played on tonight, Hainen Resort, it was blatantly over stacked on the winning side like 26 to16 players it was not even fun to play on.

I know many here wanted the "scrambling" to be initiated, but is it worth alienating other online players for that effect? Hey being an "Official" BF4 Server does bring its advantages, one BIG one being the "Quick Match" option which I think has made this server what it is today. Now that it has moved to just a "Ranked" server might make it one of those many 64 player servers that stays empty for most of the time. Would that make me mad? Heck Yes.

But being just a player on your server I thought I might say this to everyone here. My personal experience tonight on your server already makes me not want to come here anymore. There are many other "Official" BF4 servers where I know there will be almost 64 players with me on the Battlefield. But to let everyone here know, your server is what you make it, and this move may not be what you "actually" wanted.

Thank You for hearing me out on this subject.

Comment

Thx for the feedback. What attracts players to a game server is other players. Busy servers attract players, empty servers do not.

I kept getting folks asking for me to try setting the server to ranked and to move away from being an Official server. I knew, and still know that our community is too tiny to make and keep a server, seeded and served primarily by only CLRs busy - because it takes hundreds and thousands of regular players to make that work, while we only have a handful of regulars. We have an even smaller number of players willing to sit In an empty server working to make it busy.

Our server numbers have dropped like a rock, as I suspected they would, but I wanted to give ranked a fair shot.

It is impossible for me to please everyone, and I know most folks believe that whatever we do, our server will stay busy, so with that in mind why not run it as ranked and scramble teams, right? Sadly unless you have a large community, servers for this game simply do not work this way.

I'll probably move the server back to official today, but don't expect it to get busy again quickly. Chances are many of our casual regulars will have moved along, but hopefully we will attract others and get full for longer again.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X