No announcement yet.

Epic Games announcing something Unreal Tournament related next week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys cut Apache some slack. He cant help it if he was around when the sun was the size of a basketball. I think he even has a few years on dirt.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
      You guys cut Apache some slack. He cant help it if he was around when the sun was the size of a basketball. I think he even has a few years on dirt.
      This coming from someone who is older than me??????????????????
      Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
      Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
      I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
      Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The Future of Unreal Tournament!

May 8, 2014 Steve Polge

The Future of Unreal Tournament Begins Today.

Work on the future of Unreal Tournament begins today, and we’re happy to announce that we’re going to do this together, with you. We know that fans of the game are as passionate about Unreal Tournament as we are. We know that you have great ideas and strong opinions about where the game should go and what it should be. So let’s do something radical and make this game together, in the open, and for all of us.

Here’s the plan:

• We’ve created a small team of UT veterans that are beginning work on the project starting today.
        • From the very first line of code, the very first art created and design decision made, development will happen in the open, as a collaboration between Epic, UT fans and UE4 developers. We’ll be using forums for discussion, and Twitch streams for regular updates.
        • If you are a fan and you want to participate, create a free account and join the forum discussion.
        • All code and content will be available live to UE4 developers on GitHub.
        • The game will be true to its roots as a competitive FPS.
        • Development will be focused on Windows, Mac and Linux.

So what’s the catch?

• It will take many months until the game is playable by gamers. This is real development from scratch.
        • When the game is playable, it will be free. Not free to play, just free.
        • We’ll eventually create a marketplace where developers, modders, artists and gamers can give away, buy and sell mods and content. Earnings from the marketplace will be split between the mod/content developer, and Epic. That’s how we plan to pay for the game.

A lot of this is brand new for Epic, and we don’t yet have everything figured out. Things will probably definitely go wrong from time to time, and when they do, we’ll have to work through them together. There will be a lot of tough decisions to make, and not every feature will make it into the game. But if you’re a fan of Unreal Tournament, a UE4 developer, or a future modder – or if you just want to learn how we make games – we hope you’ll join us. It’s going to be fun.

Want to get involved?

• Want more detail on the project? Read our wiki.
        • Want to participate & give feedback? These forums are the place to do it. Sign up for a free account here to join Unreal Engine 4 community.
        • Just interested in getting updates? Subscribe to our newsletter.
        • In case you want to check out the classic Unreal Tournament games, we’ve put them on sale on Steam.
        From: https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...al-Tournament!

In short:

Developer Epic Games revealed today that the multiplayer shooter's next incarnation — in development in Unreal Engine 4 for Linux, Mac and Windows PC and called simply Unreal Tournament — will be free, moddable and collaboratively developed with fans.
        From: http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/8/5695...e-4-epic-games

Comment

Sounds great, can't wait to wear the {CLR} tag again!

Comment

This could be good. I wonder if there will be a stand-alone server package.
            --Slaughter

Comment

Originally posted by Slaughter View Post
              This could be good. I wonder if there will be a stand-alone server package.
              There would almost have to be given the model they are planning to use. It will be interesting to watch, that's for sure. Could be fun times in UT land again!

Comment

Very interesting...

Its scary yet exciting all at once!
                Should be an intersting outcome, esp if they have managed to pull in some of the top community devs from 2k4 into this.

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
                ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Some old names in the thread.... <3 Bliss, missed you bud!

This new UT should be a blast!
                  UT2004, FOREVER!!!!

Comment

mom is looking forward to it

Comment

I just hope they put in the lightning gun.... Mwhahahaha!

Comment

Hopefully they'll implement the TC-1200 first.

THOR! Good to see you!

Comment

Just played a round of 6v6 ctf face classic heh! It was a blast. There are still a few servers running with some players.
                          Here's a blast from the past for ya!

Comment

EPIC might be trying to bring back old titles like ID Software did with Quake 4 and Quake Live (Free multiplayer version of Quake).

Comment

Some of my best pc gaming memories were playing on the {CLR} onslaught server. I am really excited to hear what Epic has planned for the future. Based on the pattern of Unreal games... UT99 was a grand slam, UT2k3 not so much, UT2k4 was awesome!, UT3 not so much, so a possible UT4? I want to believe! Please, please Epic Games return to your pc gaming roots with your amazing arsenal of weapons and vehicle combat that made you the king of arena and twitch FPS games!
                              I'm not the best...I'm DEAD_SNIPER{CLR} MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Worst part is, they could update the graphics to the original 1999 Unreal Tournament and keep everything exactly the same and we'd snap it up like kids finding a penny candy jar. It would be a better seller than anything they've released for a long time too.

Now I have a hankering (my Apache word of the day !!) for some 'Gauntlet' 16 player CTF !!
                                Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X