A380?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A380?

Probably a random question, but has anyone flown on this plane? Was it worth it over other long haul jets?

Where's Duke at?

Comment

In a plane.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
        In a plane.
        LOL!

I'll expand the possibilities too. Does anybody know of any friends/family that has flown the a380? Second hand experiences are also welcome.

Comment

June... It's just a plane. Are you trying to change air planes since that flight that crashed was a 777?

Comment

I never know what plane I am flying in...
            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
              June... It's just a plane. Are you trying to change air planes since that flight that crashed was a 777?
              Hah, no. However I have flown with Air Malaysia twice before.

I'm asking as British Airways are now using the a380 to my favourite destination, and I'm wondering if it would be worth the extra over my usual carrier, Cathay Pacific, who use 747's. Apparently the a380 economy is amazing.

Comment

It ISN'T the PLANE, its the maintenance.. and Pilot knowledge....

Well.. Exception is the Russian plane network, which consists of old, poorly maintained, and overworked planes to ferry people.
                ??Click me to donate??

Comment

Originally posted by Dead_And_Gone View Post
                  It ISN'T the PLANE, its the maintenance.. and Pilot knowledge....

Well.. Exception is the Russian plane network, which consists of old, poorly maintained, and overworked planes to ferry people.
                  True, but BA and CP are two of the best carriers in the world, so it's all about the plane now.

Comment

It really all depends on how it's configured inside, if you have heard that its coach seating is amazing then just be sure that it the same carrier that they are talking about and not just the aircraft. I see them quite often in JFK but I have never traveled in one.
                    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by Duke{CLR} View Post
                      It really all depends on how it's configured inside, if you have heard that its coach seating is amazing then just be sure that it the same carrier that they are talking about and not just the aircraft. I see them quite often in JFK but I have never traveled in one.
                      Hmmm. I'm wondering where I can get this sort of info.

I've flown Airbus A319, A320, and A340. Boeing 737, 747, and 777. Time for something new.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                        Hmmm. I'm wondering where I can get this sort of info.

I've flown Airbus A319, A320, and A340. Boeing 737, 747, and 777. Time for something new.
                        Are you going to Hong Kong again?

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                          Are you going to Hong Kong again?
                          Probably.

Comment

Hi guys

I flew on one when I went from D.C. to Paris. It was Air France and I didn't particularly feel like I had more room than any other coach flight I have been on. Downside was that I like window seats so I can lay on the wall, but the way the wall curved meant that the window and wall were not close to me at all . Just a large, awkward space. Super, super quiet was my biggest take away. Compared to the A330 i took to Africa, huge difference.

Maybe we had a lively pilot, because he was making turns like we were in a regional jet. I am sure all large planes can do this, but my experience is they tend to maneuver a lot slower than this guy was.

P.S. I am in Africa now as a Marine Security Guard for one of our embassies. I left my gaming stuff behind in states and am now left to stalking the forums and playing whatever intel hd4000 will allow...until I decide on console or gaming laptop.
                            Motivate

Comment

Originally posted by Furryappleseed View Post
                              Hi guys

I flew on one when I went from D.C. to Paris. It was Air France and I didn't particularly feel like I had more room than any other coach flight I have been on. Downside was that I like window seats so I can lay on the wall, but the way the wall curved meant that the window and wall were not close to me at all . Just a large, awkward space. Super, super quiet was my biggest take away. Compared to the A330 i took to Africa, huge difference.

Maybe we had a lively pilot, because he was making turns like we were in a regional jet. I am sure all large planes can do this, but my experience is they tend to maneuver a lot slower than this guy was.

P.S. I am in Africa now as a Marine Security Guard for one of our embassies. I left my gaming stuff behind in states and am now left to stalking the forums and playing whatever intel hd4000 will allow...until I decide on console or gaming laptop.
                              Good information.
                              My cousin almost did the same thing you do. He forgot his goggles during a training exercise and was drummed out of the program sometime last year. How are you liking it?

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X