No announcement yet.

So I got an SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a new install of a new windows copy on my SSD and just left the old HDD in there by itself. Now when I'm looking in my computer list from the old drive it lists the SSD as a G drive with E and F as partitions for the saved space. Then when I boot up the SSD it lists the old HDD as G and E and F as partitions for space. I guess it's right cause it works. But again, it is two different installs on two different drives with different copies of Windows.

I can choose which one I want to boot from by hitting F8 on startup but the new SSD has become the new start up system by default if I dont choose. I guess it's the way they are hooked up to the board as to which one loads first. I just left it that way cause the only thing I have on the SSD is BF4 , TS , a couple of anti virus programs, and Chrome. I didnt run the Magician with it. Not sure if it helps much since there isnt much on there anyway. Samsung 840 Pro.
    [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by {CLR} Cobalt View Post
      I did a new install of a new windows copy on my SSD and just left the old HDD in there by itself. Now when I'm looking in my computer list from the old drive it lists the SSD as a G drive with E and F as partitions for the saved space. Then when I boot up the SSD it lists the old HDD as G and E and F as partitions for space. I guess it's right cause it works. But again, it is two different installs on two different drives with different copies of Windows.

I can choose which one I want to boot from by hitting F8 on startup but the new SSD has become the new start up system by default if I dont choose. I guess it's the way they are hooked up to the board as to which one loads first. I just left it that way cause the only thing I have on the SSD is BF4 , TS , a couple of anti virus programs, and Chrome. I didnt run the Magician with it. Not sure if it helps much since there isnt much on there anyway. Samsung 840 Pro.
      That was very interesting. I booted with my ssd and it did change the ssd to C

Comment

Now unhook that old boot HDD. Surely you don't need it anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
          Now unhook that old boot HDD. Surely you don't need it anymore?
          Juneau. I want more storage space for other things. Plus it does work as a good back up.

Comment

I meant as a boot drive. By all means format that fella and use as storage.

Comment

Make sure you have Ahcpi mode enabled in the bios and updated the SSD to the latest firmware.

If you still have booting issues I would try a fresh installation.
              Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

I finally found the setting under 4 other settings. All working right now. The only problem is the boot up between rounds is way to fast. I can't use the bathroom anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                  I finally found the setting under 4 other settings. All working right now. The only problem is the boot up between rounds is way to fast. I can't use the bathroom anymore.

Comment

Yes, load times between rounds is a big difference. If I was running a server, I'd put a count-down, so that SSD's couldn't load faster. It really makes a huge difference on Rush maps, where MCOM's are armed before defenders are even loaded.

Otherwise, 120 gigs is the minimum size SSD I would use, I already upgrade to 240, and it's a lot easier to manage as a Gamer.

Comment

Did you ever enable Rapid Mode in the Magician software and make sure it's running the latest firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
                        Did you ever enable Rapid Mode in the Magician software and make sure it's running the latest firmware?
                        Rapid mode was easy. I will double check on the firmware. I think it did a check on startup.

Comment

Originally posted by goldenfooler View Post
                          Rapid mode was easy. I will double check on the firmware. I think it did a check on startup.

Comment

The title of this thread makes me think you have a sexually transmitted disease.
                            Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                            Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                            I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                            Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                              The title of this thread makes me think you have a sexually transmitted disease.
                              Apache
                              If anybody mentions me I'm going to be angry!

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X