Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ordered new 24" 1920x1200 IPS

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

black friday sale, newegg and amazon has this 24" IPS panel for $210. what a deal! I am used to 1920x1200 (16:10) so i got the same again. my old 24" is 8 years old and I notice the washed out colors and everything seemingly looking "flat." I especially noticed this when i got outside in Operation Locker, the snow washes out everything!

I am thinking about dual monitoring it and using my old monitor as a mini map setup like this as an example: http://i.imgur.com/Ct14fzA.jpg

I just hope my frame rates don't drop too much with my 7870 card. It's currently set on High settings and averaging 60-70. I definitely do not want to lower my graphic settings more especially when I just bought an IPS.... that defeats the whole purpose haha.

That's a steal!

Time to overclock that 7870 a bit.

Comment

Nice buy.
      [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
      Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
        That's a steal!

Time to overclock that 7870 a bit.
        i have no idea what parameters to set it at! I have MSI afterburner and most likely just slide the levers to the right, right? I'm just worried I'll fry it. Any tips?

Comment

Originally posted by deejank View Post
          i have no idea what parameters to set it at! I have MSI afterburner and most likely just slide the levers to the right, right? I'm just worried I'll fry it. Any tips?
          Yep that's pretty much it. Juts stick to upping the core speed 20Mhz at a time, apply it, then test your overclock with an hour or so of gaming to see if it's stable and no visual anomalies are spotted. Then up by another 20Mhz. You should get pretty far as the HD78XX series cards are overclocking beasts and it's usually the afterburner levers that max out first.

Keep an eye on your temps as they'll more than likely increse by a few degrees. Try not to go above 80c if you can.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
          Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
            by Apache Warrior
            6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
          • Reply to 6 years
            by Sirex
            I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
            Just hit 2.5K miles...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
          • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
            by Sirex
            Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
          • Reply to Hell Let Loose
            by Sirex
            Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
          • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
            by Sirex
            Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
            5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
          Working...
          X