BIOS Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BIOS Updates

Is it worth it? Had my mobo for over a year and ive never updated it. Still in .ROM and latest versions are in .CAP format.

Ive been told by ASUS that I would have to do a sequential upgrade (2 at a time) to the latest .ROM version, convert over to .CAP and then sequential upgrade (2 at a time) to the latest version. Seems like a lot of work and a high risk of error so im wondering if there are any performance gains to be had here. I don't mess with the BIOS and I don't overclock because ive never been confident to do anything like that.
    We work in the dark, to serve the light. We are Assassins.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

If you're not getting any glaring problems with your current build, it's always advised to just leave it.

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post
      If you're not getting any glaring problems with your current build, it's always advised to just leave it.
      Agreed.

Comment

"Never change a running system!"
        Please like Pocket Radio Player on Facebook to support this little Freeware app.

Comment

If it ain't broke...don't try to fix it.

I've never had a problem updating the BIOS on my PC but you never know. I usually read the changelogs to see what, if any, improvements are in it.

Comment

In general you only need to update your BIOS if:
            a. You are having issues
            b. You are upgrading your CPU or possibly memory.

If your system is stable and you aren't planning any upgrades, just leave it.
            [url=http://www.enjin.com/bf3-signature-generator][img]http://sigs.enjin.com/sig-bf3/1fad512dc784c11c.png[/img][/url]

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 3
            Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X