No announcement yet.

Raid Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I back up to three Hard Drives and two Cloud Storage Companies.
    One Internal Hard Drive and two External Hard Drives. Cloud Storage is Carbonite and Copy.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
      I want Raid 1 for my data drives.

I'll use my SSD as my main drive and it will be completely backed up on a separate WHS box.
      See, here's where I'm confused on your setup. You are going RAID 1 to have good performance and great redundancy, but completely ignoring the WHS that backs up your data every night

Why not go RAID 0 and get great performance with no data back... , err scratch that, your WHS offers you a complete bare metal backup !!!

Granted, the possibility of disk failure is twice what it would be with RAID 1, but it DOESN'T MATTER !! Your WHS is your full backup !!

Someone help me understand this one please.
      Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

OK 1 500 GIg SSD, Windows 7 & installed programs ... WHS 2011 will back it up.

I want two Raid 1 drives for my photos, movies, music, etc. They will mirror each other...

Make sense??

Comment

Yep, you aren't worried about speed on the storage drives, you just want easy redundancy. Check !!

Now that I know that you aren't running games off the RAID array it makes perfect sense. Party on, dude !!
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,177   Active Members: 4
            Welcome to our newest member, EzraGilchr.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.
            widgetinstance 184 (More Posts) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X