AMD or nVidia??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AMD or nVidia??

I want to get one of the best video cards out there today.

I see AMD is releasing new high end cards.

Which brand is better for BF4???

http://promotions.newegg.com/amd/13-4785/index.html
    Last edited by Cain; 13 Oct 2013, 07:14 AM.

My Nvidia GTX770 runs very smooth.
    Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
    Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
    I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
    Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Prices for the new R9 AMD cards aren't out yet, but they do tend to sell their high end quality cards on a good budget price instead of those 700$ Nvidia cards. If that's what you really looking for cash out on the nvidia titan or gtx780

BF4 has been heavily AMD optimized as EA has work closer with AMD. As next console gens are AMD base.
      Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Upcoming 290: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/rad...ice,24529.html

AMD unveiled its new Radeon R9 290X last week in Hawaii, describing the R9 and R7 series as 'the new GPUs for a new era in graphics.' The press NDA is scheduled to expire on October 15. This expiration date was noted on the slides that AMD showed during a recent press event. Even though it's possible the NDA expiration date doesn't align with the date when the first cards will be hitting the market, it's possible AMD would want units available the same day consumers are reading reviews. Newegg's page doesn't offer any indication as to when the R9 290X will launch.
        Last edited by Cain; 12 Oct 2013, 10:44 AM.

Comment

Every AMD Video Card I have ever had has given me problems. That is the main reason I have not bought one in a while.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

AMD all the way. Even if they weren't optimised BF4 I'd still say so.

Nvidia need a new slogan "Pay more for the same performance".

edit: Remember that if you buy one of the new gen cards they will have niggles that the current cards do not. It may take a few driver revisions get any bugs worked out, but that is the norm.

Oh and you get good free games!!!! I got Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite with my 7850.

Comment

nVidia for what its done for PC gaming. AMD if you like to tell everyone how overpriced nVidia is and look all intelligent when you know deep in your heart that nVidia surpasses AMD in every possible benchmark and spec.

No, juneau, JUST NO!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post
                Every AMD Video Card I have ever had has given me problems. That is the main reason I have not bought one in a while.
                Apache
                My last 4 nVidia cards have given me huge problems from 4 different vendors. I think I'm ready to try AMD.

Comment

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7388/r...g-begins-today

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                    nVidia for what its done for PC gaming. AMD if you like to tell everyone how overpriced nVidia is and look all intelligent when you know deep in your heart that nVidia surpasses AMD in every possible benchmark and spec.

No, juneau, JUST NO!
                    Everybody knows that if you want bang for buck, and comparable performance for a lot less, AMD is the only way to go. Nvidia is just for fanboys and people that daren't try something new.

Nvidia "For those times where 2% better performance is worth 20% more $".

Getting good at coming up with these slogans.
                    Last edited by juneau; 12 Oct 2013, 12:38 PM.

Comment

And... I got my Nvidia for it's GPU cuda processing capabilities. Nobody needs that for gaming.

Comment

How about "AMD, because coming second seems to be our goal!"

Better slogan, from a fanboi.

Comment

I like EVGA which makes mostly Nvidia products. Although now that money is tight I may consider a MSI card because I have been happy with my MSi laptop. ? I think Minis GTX 460 SE could be replaced with my 470s and I could get something better, we will see how the final game runs for us.
                          [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                          Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                            How about "AMD, because coming second seems to be our goal!"

Better slogan, from a fanboi.
                            LOL. Enjoy your overpriced 2% performance gains.

Comment

http://promotions.newegg.com/amd/13-4785/index.html

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X