Windows product key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows product key

I seem to have several product keys laying around, I didn't put the sticker on the machine so is there a way to find out what it is?
    [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
    Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

I found it with an app.

Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Damn i was gonna give them to me ill find out what one was used when I install hehe
      XD

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
      ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Originally posted by Sirex View Post
        Damn i was gonna give them to me ill find out what one was used when I install hehe
        XD

Comment

Magic Jelly Bean keyfinder is your friend, for future reference. Note that many antivirus, especially Microsoft's very own Security Essentials, will see it as a keylogger and block its execution. Very convenient of MS to block you from finding your legitimate keys, be it either Windows or Office.

Post edit: And that's the beauty of working in IT - I have pretty much every version of Windows with a corporate key that doesn't need activation.
          Oh if a man tried to take his time on Earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, well I wonder what would happen to this world ? - Harry Chapin

Comment

That darn app I used came with a bunch crappy apps. glad i'm starting over.

Comment

Apparently I've installed my Win7 too many times and now it wants me to but a new product key. EXCEPT you can't buy Win7 from Microsoft's website any longer, only windows 8.

So trying to determine if I want to upgrade to Win8, or pay the same price for Win7.
              A change of Pace.
              "All the fun of a clan without the BS" - Cain

Comment

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                Apparently I've installed my Win7 too many times and now it wants me to but a new product key.
                That's the software talking. Call MS and they should be happy to should fix the situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                  That's the software talking. Call MS and they should be happy to should fix the situation.
                  This. I have had to do it a number of times. I have never been refused.
                  Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                  Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                  I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                  Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Qicmee View Post
                    I even tried the automated Phone support. Same result. Is there a live body to talk too? And do you have any sort of link?
                    A change of Pace.

Comment

Apache might have first-hand advice.

Generally, any voice menu will helpfully direct you away from real people. This usually means you need to press 0 several times no matter the question.

Comment

Usually if the automated system does not activate your OS it will give you the option to talk to tech support.
                        Apache

I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Try this number: (88 725-1047
                          or this:
                          1. Click Start, and in the Search box type : slui.exe 4

2. Press ENTER on your Keyboard

3. Select your Country.
                          4. Select the Phone Activation option, and hold on for a real person.

Apache

Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

I went through the automated activation again, and this time it worked. Whatever, at least I don't have to pay for another license. Thanks for your input.
                            A change of Pace.

Comment

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X