It has been awhile!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It has been awhile!

So first I have to say that I couldn't remember my password on my desktop and thought maybe my account was deleted because I had not logged on for so long. I had to get out my laptop to do some homework and low and behold, there was the link for Cain's and I thought hmmm... Sure enough, my password was saved and so here I am again

Where is everyone? How is everyone? I seriously miss being able to play.

My Lupus has progressed rather fast in the last year and I've turned to a new drug. It's chemo (thank goodness no hair loss ). Anyways, I've only had 6 infusions so far and have seen little improvements. They say it can take up to 8-12 months before you do but considering no insurance, it might be cut short if we can't see more improvements.

A few good things to report. I graduated in September with my BA in Business Administration and I am now almost finished with my MA. I will graduate in December. We were also able to buy a house in a great neighborhood. Perfect for our oldest who is wheelchair bound.

Anyhooo... That's about all in a nutshell. I hope everyone is well and hopefully soon I will be able to jump back into the fun stuff with everyone!

OO and Sirex- is there anyway you can send me my password or reset it? I don't use the laptop.

Thanks
    So go on, go on be your own, go on be your own star!
    A superstar in my eyes!

Good to hear from you again! for the house and the book learnin' and keep the faith on the medical stuff. Remember, what doesn't kill us.... had better start running!

Comment

Heh Lady. Welcome back. Glad you are getting better and congrads on the degree.

BF4 is almost here. So get ready to jump in when you are ready.

Comment

Welcome back Lady. I am glad to hear that you have a great house and graduated. Hang in there with the drugs. And ask the doctors and look online for coupons or other ways to save on the drugs. My wife was on Forteo for two years for Osteoporosis and we did not know if it was working until after she finished and had a bone scan. It did help a lot. Lily offered coupons that significantly reduced the cost of the medicine from $1350.00 to $50.00.
        I will reset your password and pm it to your account.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Hi Lady!
          Good to hear from you. We're all hoping to see you in BF4.
          Congratulations on your BA!
          Medical insurance is a new ballgame in 2014. Signups in October, cannot reject for preexisting conditions, etc.

Comment

Hey Lady good to hear from you! I was just thinking about you and your family the other day, hope all is well.
            Old school or the new, doesn't mean a thing if your heart's not true...

Comment

Been a long time since Bad Company 2. Which I think that was the last time I saw you. Keep the faith.
              [COLOR="#008080"][/COLOR][SIZE="5"][COLOR="LightBlue"][B]Not everything that counts on the battlefield is countable.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Congrats on the house and BA, hang in there with the rest.
                [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4373/35734799443_53cb20ef13_z.jpg[/img]

Killed by CLRs since 2004. WOOT!
                Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Great to hear from you again, Lady! Hope the chemo continues to go well and that your side effects are as minimal as possible. Congrats on the BA!!! Hope to see you in BF4 in a couple of months!

Comment

Guess what everyone?? I'm installing BF4 now Early Christmas present for myself. I seriously cannot wait to get back to playing and caught up with everyone!
                    A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Good to hear Lady! How is everything going ?
                      Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

Wahooo...

Comment

It's going good Bacon.. and yourself?

Thanks everyone! I played some BF 4 tonight and things were really jumpy. I dropped everything down that I could. First thing in the a.m. I am going to order some memory. That is the only thing I am supposedly lacking. Next upgrade will be the video card.
                          A superstar in my eyes!

Comment

Yay!!

What's the rest of your spec? Maybe we can help with a few pointers.

Comment

Welcome back Lady.
                              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X