New update!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New update!

Big update today, so remember to update your clients. Biggest things added?

Crate drops like in TF2, which give you different skins for your guns. Also, silenced weapons (M4, and USP ARE BACK!) You have to go into the inventory in the main menu to equip them. These replace the M4A4 and P2000, respectively.

500MB update for skins...

Comment

Originally posted by TheTurboSloth View Post
      Big update today, so remember to update your clients. Biggest things added?

Crate drops like in TF2, which give you different skins for your guns. Also, silenced weapons (M4, and USP ARE BACK!) You have to go into the inventory in the main menu to equip them. These replace the M4A4 and P2000, respectively.
      Are you kidding me, they actually did it? Only took them a year.
      [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

What the hell are crate drops and how the hell do you get them? Do they just drop on you? Are they hiding in a corner? Will they show up while I'm t-bagging someone? Someone explain please. I haven't played TF2 and apparently it's in it.

Comment

Basically, at random times, if you play on a VAC server (don't worry, Cains Lair is vac secure I believe), you get "crates drops". Basically, they're not physical crates you see in the game. You'll probably get a notification in the game which tells you "Hey, you got a crate in your inventory." You're going to need to buy a key to open the crate, but inside the crate, is a gun/skin which is unique and "strange." Strange quality weapons are often special and are worth alot on the trade market (should you want to trade them).

Basically crates are given to you at random times and automatically put into your inventory. You'll have to buy a key for 2.49 from valve, but get something special inside it.

Comment

everything you need to know about crate drops, and items, rarity of each, and also exterior quality i.e. wear and tear. one thing i learned is that your item can get worn out and the paint job can fade.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=169698044

Admin should sticky this, this will answer all questions about new items and drops!

btw my new handle on cain's is 'gold leader standing by' if you guys haven't noticed

Comment

At the end of a game... it said right next to the scoreboard CONTENT DROP! Dropped 6 items! So I quickly close the game and go to my inventory to find nothing. Was I supposed to click on one of the 6 times? This is lame. No instructions whatsoever. The only reason I was playing is for the drop.

Comment

Originally posted by K PhaNTOM View Post
                At the end of a game... it said right next to the scoreboard CONTENT DROP! Dropped 6 items! So I quickly close the game and go to my inventory to find nothing. Was I supposed to click on one of the 6 times? This is lame. No instructions whatsoever. The only reason I was playing is for the drop.
                I think it has names in the bottom of the box, and only those people are awarded the goods.

Also, the paint job fading is stupid imo.
                [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

I don't like the limit on ammo or the loss of weapons... plus i think it should be available to both teams. At least make the pistol on both teams.

Comment

Nice! I haven't played in forever so maybe I'll jump in the server this weekend and check out the silencers

Comment

So far I'm really liking this update. There's a lot of benefits to having an early statrak weapon. Playing the market has been fun.

I got a knife out of a crate a day or so ago. The thing is apparently worth 100$.

Comment

Got this out of a case

http://i.imgur.com/XEnBGwt.png

In game -http://i.imgur.com/khpXb3J.jpg

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                        Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                          by Apache Warrior
                          6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                        • Reply to 6 years
                          by Sirex
                          I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                          Just hit 2.5K miles...
                          5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                        • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                          by Sirex
                          Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                          5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                        • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                          by Sirex
                          Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                          5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                        • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                          by Sirex
                          Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                          5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                        Working...
                        X