No announcement yet.

Cain's Lair Fantasy Football League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aug. 31, 3 am PDT. I made it pretty late so all the last minute injuries and roster moves would be in place before we drafted.

It is up to 8 teams now and I guess that's where we'll stand. Should be some pretty high scoring games with that few teams.

Comment

Remember guys, I'm gonna need all the help I can get lol.

Comment

Well, right out of the draft I think I would rank my team as 8th out of 8. I've got 2 good starting running backs, a pair of QB's in Kaepernick and Stafford that are up and down and about 3 guys I have either never heard of (Cecil Shorts WTF) or I thought had retired.

Juneau you got what may be the best QB to ever play (Brady) but he is on the backside of his career. Your other QB (Vick) could be huge or a flop. Your receivers and TE are good. Def is good. Running backs are meh. You should stay with your starting line up as it is for the first game I think.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnyRico View Post
          Well, right out of the draft I think I would rank my team as 8th out of 8. I've got 2 good starting running backs, a pair of QB's in Kaepernick and Stafford that are up and down and about 3 guys I have either never heard of (Cecil Shorts WTF) or I thought had retired.

Juneau you got what may be the best QB to ever play (Brady) but he is on the backside of his career. Your other QB (Vick) could be huge or a flop. Your receivers and TE are good. Def is good. Running backs are meh. You should stay with your starting line up as it is for the first game I think.
          Thanks.

Gonna log into my acc and get acquainted with my team shortly.

Comment

Holy crap. Peyton Manning put up 60 points. I think that's the highest point total I've ever seen. I've had entire teams not put up that number.

Comment

Peyton Manning 7 TD!!
              Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Well, I had a pretty brutal week for football. Not only did my actual favorite NFL team lose ugly (and 3 starters for the year) but I managed to lose in all 4 leagues I'm in. Even my college team that won (Ohio State) got their stud QB banged up.

For the Nubs: You have a guy slated to play tomorrow night so you need to make a decision. You have to chose between your QB's of Tom Brady and Michael Vick. Vick was really good last week because of a unique offence that the Eagles are running -but- Brady is playing against a team that he hates, the NY Jets. Brady will also probably get the ball quite a lot because the Jets stink on offence. Until I see Vick do it twice in a row I would probably stick with Brady. I think that you should however move Vick's best receiver (DeSean Jackson) from your bench to the W/R position in your starting line up.

Comment

Well, I had a pretty brutal week for football. Not only did my actual favorite NFL team lose ugly (and 3 starters for the year) but I managed to lose in all 4 leagues I'm in. Even my college team that won (Ohio State) got their stud QB banged up.

For the Nubs: You have a guy slated to play tomorrow night so you need to make a decision. You have to chose between your QB's of Tom Brady and Michael Vick. Vick was really good last week because of a unique offence that the Eagles are running -but- Brady is playing against a team that he hates, the NY Jets. Brady will also probably get the ball quite a lot because the Jets stink on offence. Until I see Vick do it twice in a row I would probably stick with Brady. I think that you should however move Vick's best receiver (DeSean Jackson) from your bench to the W/R position in your starting line up.
                  Switched.

Comment

Is it possible for someone here to post when a "must watch" game has happened? Trying to get into the NFL a little more this year. So far I've watched Raven v Broncos and Giants v Cowboys.

Comment

I would guess that the best game this weekend is 49ers vs Seahawks. Vikings vs Bears will also be good and I will be glued to my Steelers vs Bengals.

Comment

I would guess that the best game this weekend is 49ers vs Seahawks. Vikings vs Bears will also be good and I will be glued to my Steelers vs Bengals.
                        Thanks for the tips.

Comment

Thursday night game tonight with the 49ers vs Rams so get your lineups ready. Juneau you have a guy at TE, Vernon Davis, that is normally pretty good but is injured right now. You might want to search available players in the tab at the top, select TE and add Martellus Bennett to your team. You could change him out with either Ryan Matthews or Mike Williams since neither one is helping you much. Once you have Bennett you could start him in place of Davis. You should also probably put Calvin Johnson in the W/R space and then replace David Wilson with any other running back you have. After 3 weeks now you can start comparing the points scored for your guys and making some more informed decisions.

Comment

Should I still be keeping Brady in my team instead of benching him?

Comment

Tough call. Keep him on your team definitely but you might want Vick instead. I think I started Vick over Brady in another league this week.

Comment

Tough call. Keep him on your team definitely but you might want Vick instead. I think I started Vick over Brady in another league this week.
                                That's what's I was thinking. Will go ahead and switch them.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                                Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                  by Apache Warrior
                                  6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                                • Reply to 6 years
                                  by Sirex
                                  I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                  Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                                • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                                • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                  by Sirex
                                  Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                                • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                  by Sirex
                                  Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                  5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                                Working...
                                X