Cain's Lair Fantasy Football League

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cain's Lair Fantasy Football League

Hey guys, I set us up a FF league for the 2013 season. It is a 12 team league broken into 2 divisions of 6 teams. Scoring is basic NFL.com rules except 6 points for a passing TD and it's 1 pt per reception. Auto draft will be Aug. 31 at 3 am PDT.

We didn't do a league last year but the previous 4 years we did and it was great fun. We have had 3 different champs <cough> 2 time champ Rico <cough> and only 1 undefeated regular season for Pumpkin Jack.

Please PM me and I will send you the pw to set up a team and join in.

nfl.com better than yahoo ff? I liked yahoo. nonetheless I'm in.
    Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

There's one! Need 10 more players. If you haven't played before it's pretty easy to pick up and the site has tons of help for you. If you have played before then what better place to play than the Lair where you can let your gaming friends know you have their number!?

Comment

Originally posted by AmazingRedd View Post
        nfl.com better than yahoo ff? I liked yahoo. nonetheless I'm in.
        I play nfl, yahoo and espn every year. They're all pretty close.

Comment

OK guys, we're up to 3 but need 9 more to keep it a private league. I'd be glad to answer any questions anybody has about the game either here or via PM.

Comment

If I had time I would.I'm already doing two and that's about all I can manage at a time.
            Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

If I knew anything about American Football I would. I'm just clueless.

Might start watching it this year though, so are there any teams who I should prioritise watching?

Comment

Originally posted by juneau View Post

Might start watching it this year though, so are there any teams who I should prioritise watching?
                Well, in the the NFL there's the Pittsburgh Steelers and then there's 31 other teams. They'll play in London on 9/29 against the Vikings.

BTW, the first year Limey won the championship and I'm pretty sure he thought there was a bat involved somehow. He played by reading the spreadsheets.

Comment

Depends on if you want to start watching a winning team or not. My team is the Kansas City Chiefs, but we were last place last year. Steelers, patriots, Broncos (fuck those guys though), Packers or any other team that had a winning record last year might be a good place to start. The nfl subreddit is pretty good place to get knowledge about American Football in general.
                  Delivering bacon goodness one round at a time.

Comment

or just skip the professionals and watch Rutgers College football.

Comment

Skip it. What a bore fest. The matches take 4 hours each (3 hours of the same commercials) but the real gameplay is no more than 10 minutes. It would be more fun to watch a game of chess.

Last super bowl I was in a restaurant enjoying my crab legs and having a wonderful conversation while every other male in the restaurant was staring at a TV screen and swearing at the referee.

Comment

There is more playing time in baseball than in football.

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Still more interesting in football. Plus the overall time is shorter.

Phantom your male

Comment

I usualy like watching the underdog that has chance of winning when I get into a new sport.

Comment

Instead of PM's I'm just going to post the league info for anyone who wants to join in.

Join Here: http://fantasy.nfl.com/registration/...agueId=1733328
                              League ID: 1733328
                              League Password: cl13

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X