• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Community Announcement

Big Changes @ CainsLair
    MAY 12TH, 2013 - -CAIN- {CLR}

Big changes around Cain's Lair...

We have really been working hard on the quality and consistency of our server lately, and by the tremendous positive feedback we are getting, you folks have noticed the improvements!

We all have a love/hate relationship with these games. Server admins have an even bigger hate/love relationship with their servers. There are a zillion settings and tweaks that can be run or adjusted, and each one effects performance and gameplay in different ways. Hardware issues, software issues, OS issues, network issues, etc.

When you have run game servers as long as I have, you have generally seen or tried almost everything.

Well this week I made some pretty startling discoveries about server consistency and hit registration that has made our server, once again, the best server available anywhere, for the widest variety of players possible.

The very low ping, very high FPS players do not enjoy the HUGE advantage here that they have on other servers. Everyone has a fair chance, although there still exist advantages for very low ping and very high FPS, just not as pronounced here as other servers.

So, come play with us again, we have had over 35,000 players since our server went live and we always have plenty of room for friendly folks who enjoy having fun!!

-- Cain

PS We are always looking for good admins, *IF* you play here often, are over 30, well known and liked by our Community, please contact Cain about the possibility of becoming one of our game admins.

again
    [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

You're welcome... The server has never played better or more consistently, and many old timers are returning in droves. Nice to see some many familiar faces returning...

Comment

Good job!

Comment

I agree. I have never seen any server run as good as this one is now.
          Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
          Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
          I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
          Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

The difference between the current server and the one I was playing on a year ago is startling.

Comment

Comment

Still the best server around, IMO. Thanks.

Comment

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                  Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                    by Apache Warrior
                    6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                  • Reply to 6 years
                    by Sirex
                    I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                    Just hit 2.5K miles...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                  • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                    by Sirex
                    Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                  • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                    by Sirex
                    Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                  • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                    by Sirex
                    Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                    5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                  Working...
                  X