Hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello

Hey everyone. I am Ganoes and have been playing in the server for awhile now.

In real life, I am a 41 year old dude who still likes playing video games. I served in the Marine Corps for 20 years and am now enjoying the good life of retirement.

Welcome to the Lair. Thank you for serving.

Comment

[hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Any chance "Ganoes" is in tribute to Ganoes Paran in the Malazan Book of the Fallen?

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Yes sir it is. I am the Master of the deck, lol.
              Is your name a tribute to Rand Al Thor?

Comment

Originally posted by Ganoes View Post
                Yes sir it is. I am the Master of the deck, lol.
                Is your name a tribute to Rand Al Thor?
                I always thought Rand was short for "Randy." A name well suited

Comment

Yes indeed, the Dragon Reborn.

The Master of the Deck was always one of the best characters in Malazan, along with Quick Ben, Kalam, Whiskeyjack, and Cotillion.

-Rand
                  [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
                  Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

ahh i guess you didn't get my name reference.

Comment

Yeah the Malazan books were awesome. I am waiting for Steven Erikson to finish the Kharkanas Trilogy before I start it. I don't know if his partners books are good or not.

Goldenfoller, it was my pleasure to server and thank you for recognizing. What is your name reference?

I wonder if Fenris, is Fenris the fearless from The First Law Trilogy by Joe Abercrombie.

Comment

Book called Golden Fool by Robin Hobb.

Comment

Ahh, I have yet to read any of Robin Hobb's books. I take it you would recommend them.

Comment

Highly. The first books were much better then the current story line.
                            You MUST start at the first three. Everything builds on the past story line.
                            It is the saddest story line for the first 3 books. But it is great reading.

The Farseer Trilogy follows the life of FitzChivalry Farseer (Fitz), a trained assassin, in a kingdom called The Six Duchies while his uncle, Prince Verity, attempts to wage war on the Red-Ship Raiders from The OutIslands who are attacking the shores of the kingdom by turning the people of the Six Duchies into Forged ones; still alive, but without any emotion or soul. Meanwhile Prince Regal's jealousy and the indulgence of his own selfish whims threatens to destroy The Six Duchies.
                            Assassin's Apprentice (1995)
                            Royal Assassin (1996)
                            Assassin's Quest (1997)
                            [edit]Liveship Traders Trilogy
                            The Liveship Traders Trilogy mainly takes place southwest of The Six Duchies in Bingtown (a colony of Jamaillia) and focuses on Liveships (sentient ships). The trilogy is unusually nautical – an area seldom covered in fantasy – with the germ of it being apparently the idea of portraying ships whose figureheads are literally alive and sentient. While this trilogy does not follow FitzChivalry Farseer's life, it is linked to both the Farseer and Tawny Man trilogies.
                            Ship of Magic (199
                            The Mad Ship (1999)
                            Ship of Destiny (2000)
                            [edit]The Tawny Man Trilogy
                            The Tawny Man continues the life of FitzChivalry Farseer from The Farseer Trilogy. It commences 15 years after the events in Assassin's Quest, a period covered in part by The Liveship Traders Trilogy. It focuses on The Fool's attempts to guide others to fulfill his prophecies.
                            Fool's Errand (2001)
                            The Golden Fool (2002)
                            Fool's Fate (2003)
                            [edit]The Rain Wilds Chronicles
                            Takes place in the years after the Liveship Traders trilogy, and runs concurrently with and following the events of the Tawny Man Trilogy.
                            Dragon Keeper (2009)
                            Dragon Haven (2010)
                            City of Dragons (September 2011 (NL)/Feb 2012 (USA)/April 2012 (GB))
                            Blood of Dragons (December 2011 (NL)/Apr 2013 (US)/March 2013 (GB))

Comment

Well currently I am on the second book of The Expanse trilogy by Daniel Abraham. When I have finished I think I will give them a go, they sound pretty interesting. Thanks

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X