Hi, it's me, Fenris.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, it's me, Fenris.

My real name is Wil, but on Cain's Lair, I'm that guy that runs around with nothing but a Fiveseven. I try to play for fun, because if you're not having fun, why play the game? It's also a good stress reliever.

I've been a gamer since I was little, playing text adventures on an Apple ][ with a green-tinted screen. I played Quake avidly in college, formed a QWTF clan of just my college friends (CUiH), then went on to Counterstrike after I graduated. I played World of Warcraft since November of 2004, dropping it and then taking it back up months later constantly. I quit again back in ...November, I think. Or December. I'd really like to never play it again, but I always end up going back into it for some reason. Here's hoping CS:GO helps keep me from falling back off the wagon.

In real life, I test software. I live in Massachusetts and drive like I live in Massachusetts. I'm originally from Indiana, but I have East Coast sensibilities. I'm married with two daughters, the oldest in Kindergarten. If I suddenly go AFK in game, it's generally because they've started fighting or crying and I need to take care of them.

My favorite maps? I like Inferno. I don't like the Dust maps. I used to love Train, but not so much anymore. I think the hostage maps are a nice change of pace. I miss some of the classic maps like cs_siege... oh, man, siege was great. Especially when they incorporated drive-able vehicles. Also, cs_militia and cs_backalley. Great maps. Maybe a little one-sided, but I've seen some epic plays done on those maps.

I'm not an awper. I buy it rarely, but use it sometimes if I pick it up. I much prefer the Scout. I like to play guns that are challenging. I appreciate that some people enjoy awping, so I don't tend to criticize them. I just would rather not do it myself, because it's too easy. This is why I usually just buy the Fiveseven or the scout. I've found the shotguns kind of challenging and fun too, and the Negev, which is ridiculous to hit anything with, despite it's firing rate. I don't play to win so much as play for the thrill of the kill. Winning is secondary to me.

I also type too much when I start talking about myself, so I'll end this here. Look forward to see you guys in the game.

Welcome to cains lair .

Comment

Great intro Fenris. Thanks for playing at Cains Lair and joining the forums. It's great to hear from our players!! Hope you keep enjoying yourself in our little community!
      [hlx]

"Why so serious"

Comment

It is about time you joined.
        And stop killing me.
        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Welcome, Good to have you at Cain's Lair!
          Hit 'em like comic books, kaboom! pow pow!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

-Rand
            [img]https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4333/35734799273_0013dbe418_z.jpg[/img]

Killing CLRs since 2004. BOOSH!
            Support Cainslair. Donate here! [url]http://www.cainslair.org/billspaypal.php?[/url]

Comment

Welcome to the Lair!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache Warrior View Post

It is about time you joined.
                And stop killing me.
                Apache
                I can't promise I won't try. But I'll try not to try.

Comment

Played with you today. Welcome to Cain's!

Comment

Welcome Fenris!! My first server was Quakeworld Death match!! I still fondly think of those levels, and rocket jumping!!

Thank you for the nice intro!

Comment

Originally posted by Cain View Post
                      Welcome Fenris!! My first server was Quakeworld Death match!! I still fondly think of those levels, and rocket jumping!!
                      Nice! When we started playing Quake in college, we'd take over the computer lab every evening to play LAN games of Quakeworld deathmatch and then later Zoid's CTF mod. We'd get 8-16 people on and it'd be bedlam until they kicked us out at 1AM every night. We'd just come back the next day and reinstall it and start again for another 5 hours of playtime. We didn't have access to outside the college campus until two years later, and that's when we formed our TF clan, C U in Hell (Clarkson University).

I love rocketjumping. I even made a map once to practice rocket and grenade/conc jumping for TF. Those were the days. It's great to talk to an oldschool player!

[hlx]

Comment

Welcome to Cain's Lair, visit cainslair.com for the forums -

Comment

Originally posted by CalvinCandie View Post
                          Welcome to Cain's Lair, visit cainslair.com for the forums -
                          Nurse, he's out of bed again.

Comment

Comment

Everyone makes fun of me at the end of rounds.
                              Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                              Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                              I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                              Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X