X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Cain's Lair. How to become a {CLR}

Welcome to Cain's Lair !!

I'm glad you are having fun here, glad you dropped by our Forums, and glad you have an interest in becoming a member of our Community.

Cain's Lair is a gaming Community, a collection of people who love games, and hate the BS normally associated with on-line gaming (things like excessive profanity, racial insults, sexual harassment, asshatting, and having to put up with people who act like jerks, simply to annoy others).

Cain's Lair Regulars {CLR}s value sportsmanship, civility, and enjoy good teamwork. They love playing here, making new friends here, supporting the server and its ideals, and they always treat others with respect - even when they do not deserve it.

If you agree with all the above, and want to join and be a loyal supporter of our Community - of like-minded people - attach and wear the {CLR} tag with pride and set a good example for others in the server by:

1) Becoming our friend, and a frequent positive poster in our Forums, and hopefully a monthly financial contributor to help keep our servers on-line

2) Not accusing others of cheating, or whining with your suspicions that others are cheating - primarily because they killed YOU. If you strongly suspect someone of cheating, jot down their information, collect a screenshot, and PM me or one of the Game Admins in these Forums.

3) Being helpful to others (particularly new players), you were new once too. Take the time in-game to answer basic questions others may ask; "How do I use VOIP?", "How do I type chat to only my teammates?", etc.

4) Displaying good sportsmanship (Say gs, and gg, etc), and being positive when dealing with other players, even if they are doing something that annoys you

5) Treating other players with respect (No profanity, racial slurs, ethnic slurs, gender bashing, or harassment of any type). Not calling players n00bs or other derogatory names of any sort

6) Not participating in lame gameplay or tactics, and keeping a team oriented focus

7) Using VOIP in a positive fashion to help your teammates win the game, not spamming VOIP up with annoying non-game related chatter, and/or whining about maps, gameplay modes, spamming, etc.

8 ) Do not attempt to enforce our server rules, or act as if you are a Game Admin. If someone is using profanity or being a jerk, you can certainly ask them nicely to stop, because it offends you, but do not ask them to stop because "this server does not allow cursing", and do not put yourself in the position of warning people who you believe are breaking our rules, or threatening them with being kicked or banned *for breaking our rules). Acting as if you run the server will usually lead to back and forth bickering and often cursing, and it only makes the situation worse. Best to simply note the player, and make a post in our "Report a Jerk" section then we will take it from there.

Note: The {CLR} tag, to be displayed properly, tag uses squiggly brackets {}.

Remember this, if you decide to become a CLR then you are expected to set a good, positive example by your actions and gameplay, and work to make the game fun for others.

Be aware that players who are new to the server will think you are an Admin (because you wear the {CLR} tag like all our Admins do) - but few CLRs around here actually are Game Admins and none of our Admins bully or threaten any other players.

You are welcome, and encouraged, and encouraged, to post in the "Report a Jerk" Section if someone is seriously spoiling your fun, or you may always PM a Game Admin, or me.

Acting like a jerk (asshat) can and will get any {CLR} removed from these servers, just like anyone else, in fact, probably removed more quickly because you are expected to set the best possible example for other players here, and as mentioned many people will assume you are an Admin.

Since you now have a responsibility to positively support and promote our server, {CLR}s who are caught asshatting, or breaking any server rules will subject to permanent ban, and removal from the server and these Forums, as quickly as anyone else, possibly quicker. If I see or hear CLRs using profanity, accusing others of cheating, or creating a hostile environment in our servers, I will ban them from the Forums and the server.

Remember the score of a round is quickly forgotten, but the actions of others are remembered for a very, very long time.

Keep it light, and keep it fun for yourself and for others !!

"Welcome to Cain's Lair where we say;
    "You'll come for the Games, but you'll stay for the people."

- Cain

Note: These Basic CLR Guidelines have remained essentially unchanged for many years.

Thats excactly why i love this server,lets have fun without the crap you experience on other servers. i would love to join.

Comment

So, I've been thinking, I might be interested in becoming a CLR. Do I have to do anything other than agree to those guidelines, and put the CLR tag in my name?

Also, not that I plan to do it, but how does one become a game admin?

I ask questions from curiosity, not from hidden agendas :P

Comment

Originally posted by -413-
        So, I've been thinking, I might be interested in becoming a CLR. Do I have to do anything other than agree to those guidelines, and put the CLR tag in my name?
        Thats it, read, aggree to it and understand you will be held to that, and then put the tag on.

Also, not that I plan to do it, but how does one become a game admin?
        Cain hand picks his admins, always has and always will. Does so for the good of the community, can imagine anyone with admin rights, the place would goto pot

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
        ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

That's what I thought. I guess I shall be adding the CLR tag to my name soon.

2.) I figured Cain hand-picked the admins. I was just curious. What extra responsibilities do they take on by being official admins? What are the requirements?

If I ask too many questions, feel free to tell me to shutup I just get curious about these things, and you guys seem nice enough to answer my goofy questions.

Comment

{CLR} TAG

Can you edit your name without deleting it and starting over??????.

Comment

What extra responsibilities do they take on by being official admins? What are the requirements?
              Just depends
              and
              I cant answer that one, for I just would not know

Mule if you want your name changed, give apache a PM, he'll help you out

I'm not insane. I'm just overwhelming!

·····••••• Support Cainslair. Donate here!•••••·····
              ·····••••• and get extra options! •••••·····

Comment

Let me know exactly how you want it spelled and I will change it for you.
                Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

QUISTION.

Hi,

My name is Kan, and i was wondering if i cauld change me name to {CLR}.
                  cause as you know i'm a member, who apply to the rulez and if I may change my name,I'll be respectfull to my fellow clan members, and even if i did'nt join I would still be respecfull.

And I dont alleays play for points but most of all I play just for the fun of it.

Thank You.

Kan. ____

Comment

Kan

SORRRY FOR THE SPELLING.

KAN

Comment

Just make sure you read the rules carefully, then if you agree, by all means add the tag. Make yourself a proper intro post in this section too so we can all say hello.

Comment

And what Juneau said.
                        Apache

Where do you put the Bayonet?
                        Chesty Puller (upon seeing a flamethrower for the first time)
                        I am all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters.
                        Frank Lloyd Wright

Comment

kan

intro post, meaning make a post in which i say who i am, age, etc?

Comment

Re: kan

Originally posted by Kan
                            intro post, meaning make a post in which i say who i am, age, etc?
                            Great intro post.

Comment

Sweet, i agree to those rules, i'm gonna join CLR.

Comment

Cain's Lair Forums Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 26,182   Posts: 269,814   Members: 6,176   Active Members: 2
                              Welcome to our newest member, 28Farrell8.

Today's Birthdays

Collapse

There are no members with birthdays today.

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

More Posts

Collapse

• Reply to 6 years
                                by Apache Warrior
                                6 Mar 2024, 08:29 AM
                              • Reply to 6 years
                                by Sirex
                                I think there is like a magical time span when bikes become worth a fortune.

Yeah thought its now or never haha
                                Just hit 2.5K miles...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:37 PM
                              • Reply to Hey Guys...It's BrundleFly
                                by Sirex
                                Hey Brundle nice to see your post I remember you very well hows thing with you.

Not a busy place here these days but its still up and occasionally...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:34 PM
                              • Reply to Hell Let Loose
                                by Sirex
                                Hey nice to see you

Its not a busy place, least not as busy as it once was but you still get the odd message posted every few weeks...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:31 PM
                              • Reply to I had Open Heart Surgery!!
                                by Sirex
                                Wow its amazing how well the body can cope with things it deams normal.

Hope your recovering well and back to full steam.

OH...
                                5 Mar 2024, 04:28 PM
                              Working...
                              X